Life Care Center of Escondido is ideally located near many attractions, including beaches, parks, culture and San Diego. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The San Diego Tourism Authority has links for visitors in the area to view attractions, accommodations, restaurants, shopping and events in the greater San Diego area.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park is an open habitat animal park housing animals from all over the world, including giraffes, rhinoceros, lemurs, cheetahs and California condors. Visitors can tour the park in the comfort of their vehicles.
- Daley Ranch is a large park where visitors can hike, ride horses, mountain bike, view wildlife and enjoy the ranch. There are also a number of ponds and a lake for visitors to enjoy.
- Queen Califia’s Magical Circle is a sculpture garden, featuring art by Niki de Saint Phalle, a French artist and sculptor influential in the 1960s. There are sculptures, a maze, an arboretum, a snake wall and a fountain.
- The California Center for the Arts, Escondido is a 12-acre performing arts center, with performances, festivals, art shows, events and concerts held often. The center also has a museum with three galleries, a concert hall and a traditional theater.